Schedule An Appointment


Family Law

Trust Your Case With An Experienced Minooka Family Law Attorney


Terminating the matrimonial union of two individuals is an emotional process that involves numerous complicated legal issues. A knowledgeable lawyer will navigate you through the countless battles regarding children and property to ensure that such a difficult process is resolved as satisfactorily as possible. Our firm’s reputation and experience allows us to provide you unparalleled representation during and after the divorce process. Our firm has built a reputation based on honesty and skill in Will, Grundy, Kendall, Kankakee and LaSalle Counties. We have the experience to successfully navigate you through the numerous issues involved in the divorce process. If the case involves complex issues involving family businesses, real estate issues, dissipation claims, asset division, tax issues, maintenance, child support and other divorce-related topics, we have the resources and experience to ensure your rights are protected. Call us to set up a consultation if you are beginning the divorce process or if you simply have questions about how the process works.


Even when a divorce proceeding is completed, the parties still have rights and responsibilities controlled by the divorce decree. Often times, disagreements occur between the parties after the decree is entered. If you are seeking to enforce the decree or modify it, our firm can help. We have experience in the following areas: custody modification, visitation modification, child support collection, child support modification, educational issues, day care issues, modification/termination of maintenance and other post-decree issues.


When children are involved in a dispute, an experienced, compassionate attorney is required to ensure that the client and children’s best interests are protected. When custody is an issue in a divorce, paternity, or post-decree matter, it is our firm’s policy to develop a comprehensive plan to achieve our client’s goals. Our firm has decades of experience with custody issues and has earned the respect of judges and fellow attorneys in Will, Grundy, Kendall, Kankakee and LaSalle Counties. If you have questions about your rights as a parent, contact our firm for a consultation.


When a child is born out of wedlock, unique issues arise regarding the support and rearing of the child. Establishing paternity creates rights and responsibilities for all parties involved, including visitation, child support and other child rearing and financial issues. If you are contesting paternity or seeking to establish it, our firm has the experience to make sure your rights are protected. Call us to set up a consultation regarding paternity, visitation, DNA or child support issues.


Adoption is the legal process whereby a person assumes the parenting of another, usually a child, from that person’s biological or legal parent or parents. This will permanently transfer all rights and responsibilities from the biological parents to the adopting parents. An adoptive parent can be a stepparent or domestic partner of one of the birth parents, a relative of the child who has been caring for the child, or someone not related to the child by blood. A Guardian Ad Litem is also assigned by the court to protect the interest of the minor child.


Usually, only a child’s birth parents have the legal right to make decisions about a child ‘s upbringing and care. When the parents are unable to adequately care for their children, a guardian can be appointed by the court to take care of the children. A guardian does not have to be related to the child. Parents may voluntarily request to have a guardian appointed or, in cases of child abuse or neglect, an agency can petition the court to be appointed as the child’s guardian. Parents retain legal rights to their children even when a guardian is appointed, unless the court terminates their parental rights. A guardian has the same responsibilities as a birth parent, including feeding, clothing, and housing a child, as well as making education and medical decisions on their behalf. Guardians are usually appointed for children under the age of 18. However, there may be instances in which a guardian is required for a person who is considered an adult, including persons who are unable to look after their own affairs due to developmental disabilities or age-related conditions. In order to be a guardian for an adult, you must prove that they are incompetent based on expert opinions. If the court finds that they are incompetent, they will transfer the responsibility of managing finances, living arrangements and medical decisions to the court appointed guardian.

practice areas

awards & associations

client reviews

See the difference family makes at Sabuco Beck, P.C.

Attorney Profiles

Guiding You Towards A Brighter Future. Learn More About Our Attorneys Below

Contact Us Today

Fill in the form below and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Joliet Office

950 Essington Road Suite B
Joliet, IL 60435

Phone : (815) 730-8860

Fax : (815) 730-8865

Minooka Office

500 Bob Blair Road
Minooka, IL 60447

Phone : (815) 467-0270

Fax : (815) 467-0271