Crest Hill Car Accident Lawyers
If another motorist’s negligence leaves you injured in a car accident, you have plenty on your plate. Not only must you tend to the difficult task of regaining your health and well-being, but must also endeavor to obtain fair compensation for the damages you’ve suffered. Fortunately, you are not alone in your efforts – an experienced Crest Hill car accident lawyer can help you with that.
Car accidents happen, and they are often caused by motorist negligence. While every car accident has its own unique set of circumstances, there are several types of driver negligence that are commonly involved, including:
- Distraction – Distracted driving is dangerous driving. Every motorist is responsible for driving safely, and this involves concentrating solely on the road ahead and the traffic in their midst. One of the riskiest and most prevalent distractions out there is the smartphone that none of us can seem to live without. When a motorist interacts with his or her smartphone, that motorist is far too distracted to fulfill his or her obligation to drive safely.
- Impairment – Drinking and driving is an unlawful practice that many drivers refuse to give up. Drivers who are impaired by alcohol and/or drugs make our roads more dangerous for everyone who travels on them.
- Speed – Excessive speed plays a pivotal role in many traffic accidents. Speed limits are set for the safety of all, but excessive speed doesn’t always mean exceeding the set speed limit. Drivers are responsible for driving at speeds that are safe in relation to the conditions of the roads they are on. The adverse effects of badly worn roads, inclement weather, poor signage, subpar road construction, low visibility, and more require drivers to further decrease their speed for safety’s sake.
- Exhaustion – You recognize that when you don’t get enough sleep, it’s far more difficult to accomplish complicated tasks, and this includes driving safely. Drowsy drivers should not be behind the wheel, as they can cause crashes.
- Aggression – Aggressive drivers are in a class of their own. Aggressive drivers tend to feel that they have the right to move freely through traffic – at will – and engage in multiple illegal practices to help prove this point. Such practices can include tailgating; swerving in and out of lanes; speeding excessively (the hallmark of aggressive driving); yelling loudly, gesturing obscenely, and/or honking incessantly at other drivers; refusing to obey traffic signs and signals; passing on the wrong side or passing on the shoulder; never yielding the right of way; and much more. Aggressive drivers are among the most dangerous drivers out there.
Reach Out to an Experienced Crest Hill Car Accident Lawyer Today
If another motorist’s negligence leaves you injured, the Crest Hill car accident lawyers at Sabuco Beck have the experience, commitment, and resources to skillfully advocate for the compensation to which you are entitled. Your case is important, so please don’t hesitate to contact us for more information today.