Skilled Morris Premises Liability Attorneys Serving Will County
Premises liability is an area of law that centers around accidents and injuries that occur on someone else’s property. Generally the result of carelessness or negligence on the part of the property owner or manager, the injuries involved in these cases can be severe, potentially disabling, and even life threatening. At Sabuco, Beck, Hansen, Massino & Pollack, P.C., our experienced Will County premises liability attorney provides aggressive, effective legal representation for people who have been injured in these types of accidents. With over 125 years of combined legal experience, we have the legal knowledge and skill to assist you in holding responsible parties accountable for your injuries so that you can get the compensation you deserve.
Effective, Professional Legal Representation in Premises Liability Cases
Under the Illinois Compiled Statutes, premises liability refers to the duty of care a landowner or occupant has in maintaining their property and warning visitors of potential dangers or hazards which could result in injuries. Failing to do so could result in the owner, operator, or manager of the property being held liable for any accidental injuries that occur.
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), more than 30 million people are treated in hospitals and emergency rooms throughout the country as the result of accident injuries each year, many of them pertaining to premises liability. These accidents can occur in retail or grocery stores and malls, in office buildings and business centers, at hotels, motels and restaurants, in parks and recreational facilities, and even while visiting a friend or loved one’s home. Common types of accidents involved in premises liability cases include the following:
- Slip and fall accidents, which can be caused by uneven and cluttered walkways, wet or slippery floors, lack or lighting or handrails or stair wells, and worn floor coverings;
- Being struck by or against an object, which can result from inadequate construction, loose shelving or product displays, and improperly functioning automatic doors in entryways or on elevators;
- Being exposed to hazardous substances or conditions, including loose wiring, toxic fumes and chemical; and
- Violent crimes and assaults, as the result of inadequate security.
Get the Compensation You Need To Recover From Your Injuries
Even a seemingly minor accident can result in serious and potentially disabling injuries that have the potential to impact your ability to work or engage in activities and hobbies with loved ones, while leaving you stuck with heavy medical expenses and the need for ongoing treatment. Our experienced Will County premises liability attorney can assist you in getting the compensation you need to for the following types of injuries:
- Muscle and tendon sprains, strains and tears;
- Broken bones and lacerations;
- Back and neck injuries, including fractured vertebrae and slipped or herniated discs;
- Head injuries, including concussion and traumatic brain injury; and
- Spinal cord injuries, resulting in partial or total paralysis.
Contact Our Experienced Will County Premises Liability Attorneys Today
When you or a loved one is hurt as the result of accidental injuries, contact Sabuco, Beck, Hansen, Massino & Pollack, P.C. Our experienced Will County premises liability attorneys can advise you on how to hold responsible parties accountable for the damages you have suffered, and assist you in getting the compensation you deserve.